- Job Search
- Training and Compliance Lead
Job vacancy Training and Compliance Lead
View all 85 Jobs
Training and Compliance Lead
Wasoko (“people of the market” in Swahili) is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. We are East Africa’s biggest digitized retail distribution platform powered by our own in-house logistics network. Tens of thousands of informal retailers across seven countries (Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Uganda, Ivory Coast, Senegal and Zambia) use Wasoko to order everyday essential goods and receive working capital financing.
The informal retailers of Africa today are the primary if not the only channel used by consumers to purchase essential goods worth over $600 billion per year. The fragmented infrastructure across large land mass, distributed but diverse population and rather a smaller basket size spend does not yet lend themselves to big basket retail or mass consumer eCommerce. Instead, the informal retail ecosystem is THE channel for building the plumbing for digital and consumer
commerce across Africa.
This is Wasoko’s opportunity. Wasoko with its brand, scale and logistics network is best positioned to build the technology-leveraged rails to serve the 1+ billion African consumers through informal retailers. We are building a digital-first operating system for informal retailers, initially focusing on B2B distribution but quickly incorporating other tools and services to help communities across Africa get more for less.
About the Role
This position will lead to the development of a Training and Compliance Lead who will support the coordination of training and compliance activities in the organization. The candidate selected for this role will work closely with teams to ensure the timely resolution of all training and compliance needs. The role will also seek to design, implement, and maintain process changes required to achieve workplace training, and compliance with health, safety and environment regulatory standards.
Reporting to: Associate - Logistics Process & Compliance
Roles and Responsibilities
- Evaluating all current and new compliance regulations, reviewing company processes, and leading training sessions.
- Identify training and development needs within an organization through job analysis, appraisal schemes and regular consultation with business managers and People and Culture departments.
- Training staff to ensure compliance with company processes, policies and regulations.
- Enforcing rules, regulations, policies, and procedures related to safety and security within the department.
- Regularly assess the efficiency of control systems and recommend effective improvements.
- Review and evaluate company procedures and reports to identify hidden risks or common issues.
- Perform periodic audits on company procedures and processes.
- Lead employee training sessions on legal and compliance issues.
- Contribute to the development of training materials.
- Member of the Wasoko safety committee and acted as safety ambassador in the warehouse.
- Bachelor’s degree or National Diploma in business administration, human resources, logistics or relevant field.
- A minimum of 3 years experience as a compliance officer, training officer, or similar position
- Previous experience in Logistics processes
- A good level of knowledge of transport and warehousing operations
- Fully competent in MS Office, PowerPoint and Excel
- Has a natural flair for presentation and loves to engage with people
- Analytical thinking and ability
- Strong communication skills
- Legal and moral integrity
- Good command of English.
- Working understanding of Swahili and/or French is an added advantage
- Expert knowledge of the company and the relevant market
|Job category :||Transport, logistics|
|Industries :||Transport, logistics, postal services|
|Employment type :||Permanent contract - Fixed-term contract|
|Region :||Central - Copperbelt - Eastern - Luapula - Lusaka - Muchinga - North-Western - Northern - Southern - Western|
|Experience level :||2 to 5 years|
|Educational level :||Bachelor|
|Spoken language :||english›fluentfrench›fluent|
|Key Skills :||transportwarehousingdistributionwarehouse|
|Number of Position(s) :||1|
Please report any irregularities by using the candidate contact form and selecting the subject "Report a job ad".
How to Apply?
More Job Vacancies
Operations/Office Assistant | Entry-levelEmployee | Full Time | 4 Jun, 2023JOB BYZambiaJob.com
Pharmaceutical Development Assistance OfficersEmployee | Full Time | 3 Jun, 2023JOB BYZambiaJob.com
Sales Director - Embedded LinuxEmployee | Full Time | 2 Jun, 2023JOB BYZambiaJob.com
Regional HR ManagerEmployee | Full Time | 2 Jun, 2023JOB BYZambiaJob.com
OpenStack Technical Support ManagerEmployee | Full Time | 2 Jun, 2023JOB BYZambiaJob.com
Executive AssistantEmployee | Full Time | 2 Jun, 2023JOB BYZambiaJob.com
Engineering Manager - Digital WorkplaceEmployee | Full Time | 2 Jun, 2023JOB BYZambiaJob.com
Kernel Engineer - Ubuntu LinuxEmployee | Full Time | 2 Jun, 2023JOB BYZambiaJob.com
See all jobs