- Job Search
- Management Jobs
- Senior Engineering Manager - Cloud Databases (Remote, EMEA)
Job vacancy Senior Engineering Manager - Cloud Databases (Remote, EMEA)
View all 85 Jobs
Senior Engineering Manager - Cloud Databases (Remote, EMEA)
About the role:
This is a remote opportunity and we would be interested in applications in EMEA and Americas timezones.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to help us grow and develop our Cloud Engineering team. Our managers take an active role in creating a productive environment for our engineers; be it through removing blockers and impediments, facilitating cross-team collaboration and understanding, or by aiding the team in helping themselves by constantly improving and refining their working practices. You’ll be responsible for managing a team of distributed engineers working across a variety of systems and helping them to perform at their best.
Our Grafana Cloud pipeline moves millions of data points, log lines and traces per second from our customer's environments into a highly available, low-latency stack that processes and stores the data, and serves it to dashboards and alerting tools. We aim to grow this to hundreds of millions per second, and it's critical that as we grow, we improve our performance, increase our reliability and do it all more efficiently.
- The core focus of the role is on people management but you should have enough technical skills/understanding of our stack to manage a highly technical team/product.
- You will act as project manager as well as working with product owners to ensure the product roadmap is defined and up-to-date
- You have a strong software engineering background and are capable of engaging in technical conversations and challenging teams to arrive at strong technical decisions themselves
- You will be comfortable working with engineering teams who have a strong sense of autonomy in their decision making, be it technical or product focussed
- While you’re great with people and adept at managing relationships, you still keep up-to-date with the latest technical trends and shifts in order to maintain and enhance your understanding of the challenges your teams face
- Ideally you will have a Computer Science degree or equivalent experience and have worked as a Software Engineer before moving into Management
- We work with Go, Python and/or C/C++ for back-end development.
- You will have familiarity with using and building RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with Git, Linux, Prometheus, Graphite, Influxdb and/or Elasticsearch would all be a strong advantage
- Familiarity with public Cloud and/or Kubernetes would be a strong advantage
- Regular 1:1s to ensure your direct reports are motivated, happy and engaged
- Coaching and mentoring of your direct reports
- Providing continuous feedback to engineers to ensure that they can add value while maintaining high standards
- Contributing to and reviewing design documents for upcoming features
- Ensuring features are well-defined and ready for development
- Advising your reports on how to break down features into tasks
- Collaborating with our Engineering Leaders to help define and influence product strategy, roadmaps and technical designs
- Maintaining headcount by working with our People Ops team to attract and hire talent
|Job category :||IT, new technologiesManagement|
|Industries :||IT, software engineering, Internet|
|Employment type :||Permanent contract - Fixed-term contract|
|Region :||Central - Copperbelt - Eastern - Luapula - Lusaka - Muchinga - North-Western - Northern - Southern - Western - International|
|Experience level :||2 to 5 years|
|Educational level :||Master|
|Key Skills :||managementPYTHONmentoringcoachingGITstrategyGRAFANAELASTICSEARCHLINUXNORTHERNC++|
|Number of Position(s) :||1|
Please report any irregularities by using the candidate contact form and selecting the subject "Report a job ad".
How to Apply?
More Job Vacancies
Operations/Office Assistant | Entry-levelEmployee | Full Time | 4 Jun, 2023JOB BYZambiaJob.com
Pharmaceutical Development Assistance OfficersEmployee | Full Time | 3 Jun, 2023JOB BYZambiaJob.com
Sales Director - Embedded LinuxEmployee | Full Time | 2 Jun, 2023JOB BYZambiaJob.com
Regional HR ManagerEmployee | Full Time | 2 Jun, 2023JOB BYZambiaJob.com
OpenStack Technical Support ManagerEmployee | Full Time | 2 Jun, 2023JOB BYZambiaJob.com
Executive AssistantEmployee | Full Time | 2 Jun, 2023JOB BYZambiaJob.com
Engineering Manager - Digital WorkplaceEmployee | Full Time | 2 Jun, 2023JOB BYZambiaJob.com
Kernel Engineer - Ubuntu LinuxEmployee | Full Time | 2 Jun, 2023JOB BYZambiaJob.com
See all jobs