- Job Search
- Management Jobs
- Data Product Manager
Job vacancy Data Product Manager
View all 282 Jobs
Smg - Service Management Group
Data Product Manager
SMG – Service Management Group is hiring a Data Product Manager to join our team!
SMG is a leader in the Customer Experience (CX) industry, helping the world’s largest and most innovative brands deliver better experiences to their millions of customers across the globe.
With our recent growth equity investment, we’re accelerating new product innovation — moving quickly and taking risks like a startup, but within a healthy, established business. Our leadership has broad experience in VC-backed startups and cares deeply about making beautiful products.
We empower our product teams to solve hard problems in a way our customers will love, yet work for our business, by teaming Product Managers with User Experience and Engineering professionals to create a cross-functional and durable team.
We are seeking a Data Product Manager to help us build a consolidated platform for our client’s data that will power our products and services. Our Data Product Manager must contribute to the product team a solid knowledge of internal Product team needs balanced with the various constraints of the business that can come from across the organization – marketing, sales, client management, finance, legal and privacy. The product manager must also closely collaborate with these areas and their team to discover effective solutions and then deliver those solutions to the market.
Day-to-day you will:
- Apply modern product discovery techniques and methods to identify and investigate market problems.
- Engage with internal stakeholders to perform research and understand user needs.
- Collaborate with a technical team leader to identify solution ideas to market problems and user needs.
- Transform solution ideas into epics and user stories for an engineering team to deliver.
- Own the prioritization of epics and user stories to deliver solutions that delight our clients.
- Schedule and run sessions with your engineering team to explain epics, size user stories, and receive demos of completed stories.
- Accept or reject the features demonstrated by the engineering team.
- Communicate with stakeholders effectively and regularly regarding the product backlog, development in progress and the roadmap.
- Exhibit cross-functional leadership in advancing your roadmap.
Your experience & skills include:
- Demonstrated competency in product management.
- Demonstrated competency in data analysis work, including work with data warehouses, data lakes and querying data.
- Strong communication skills: presentation and writing.
- Ability to foster collaboration within cross-functional teams.
- Decision making skills that advances the product and backlog.
- Easily navigates complexity by working through intricate information.
- Proven track record of interviewing and listening to users to inform development through research.
Preferred experience & skills include:
- Experience with Databricks
- Experience with software engineering, data engineering or business intelligence analysis
- Experience with ETL tools
What we offer to our talent:
- This is a fully remote, permanent, full-time position. You can work from anywhere.
- Unlimited paid leave and 14 weeks of paid parental leave offered to all our associates globally.
- Ample opportunities to learn and grow.
- Diverse, experienced, and friendly team which will welcome you, support you and challenge you.
- We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and create an inclusive work environment in which all our colleagues experience belonging, have their unique needs respected and met, have equal access to opportunities and resources, and feel fully engaged to contribute to the company’s success.
Ideal Candidate Location:
This is a remote position. Anywhere that allows a minimum of four hours of business working hours overlap with US Central time zone.Job criteria for job ad : Data Product Manager
|Job category :||Management|
|Industries :||IT, software engineering, Internet|
|Employment type :||Permanent contract - Fixed-term contract|
|Region :||Central - Copperbelt - Eastern - Luapula - Lusaka - Muchinga - North-Western - Northern - Southern - Western - International|
|Experience level :||2 to 5 years|
|Educational level :||Bachelor|
|Key Skills :||managementleadership|
|Number of Position(s) :||1|
Please report any irregularities by using the candidate contact form and selecting the subject "Report a job ad".
How to Apply?
More Job Vacancies
DevOps Engineering Manager Home Based - EMEAEmployee | Full Time | 22 Mar, 2023JOB BYZambiaJob.com
Associate Field Software Engineer - EMEAEmployee | Full Time | 22 Mar, 2023JOB BYZambiaJob.com
C++ Graphics and Windowing System Software Engineer - MirEmployee | Full Time | 22 Mar, 2023JOB BYZambiaJob.com
Chief Information Security OfficerEmployee | Full Time | 22 Mar, 2023JOB BYZambiaJob.com
Senior Marketing OfficerEmployee | Full Time | 21 Mar, 2023JOB BYZambiaJob.com
Community Relations OfficerEmployee | Full Time | 21 Mar, 2023JOB BYZambiaJob.com
Head of TransportEmployee | Full Time | 21 Mar, 2023JOB BYZambiaJob.com
Head of LogisticsEmployee | Full Time | 21 Mar, 2023JOB BYZambiaJob.com
See all jobs