Job vacancy Accounts Assistant
View all 99 Jobs
Habitat for Humanity Zambia
Job Title: Accounts Assistant *1
Job Location: Lusaka
Reports to: Finance Manager
Responsible for: Sun Ledger entry, account reconciliations & Retail Lending management
Performance review after 3 months
This position is accountable for ledger entries and reconciliations, as well as for tracking the contents of accounts and developing portions of the financial statements.
Key areas of responsibility
Financial Management and reporting
- Maintain all accounting files in an orderly and systematic manner, attaching all necessary support documents
- Support in processing payment vouchers and proper recording of accounting information for transactional processing
- Support Global Village Coordinators in reconciling the Global Village teams in-country costs for onward submission to the sending countries
- Support input of financial transactions in Sun Systems
- Follow ups from staff on unretired business imprest
- Work with staff to track costs for projects and trips undertaken
- Support reconciliation of all accounts in the general ledger on a monthly basis
- Support the reporting process to ensure reports are produced in a timely manner
- Work with finance staff to support external auditors during project and annual organizational audits
- Support and guide project staff to correctly use accounting codes on project and travel requests
- To be able to identify and correct errors by journal entry inputs
- Ensure that all information is properly labelled and filed
- Transmit, receive and distribute correspondence between Lusaka and field Offices
Mortgage reconciliations and reporting
- Work with appointed affiliate committee loan collectors to update records of homeowners and issue receipts
- Post receipts in LTS and reconcile to Sun Systems
- Generate quarterly and monthly MEMO reports
- Validate community loan collections and advise on potentials threats arising
- Initiate and advise when to undertake house lockup exercises
Other related duties as assigned by the Supervisor
Knowledge (Education & Related Experience):
- BSc in Accounting, Finance or Economics with finance
- CA/ZICA qualification
- ACCA level II qualification
- Experience in administrative duties and data entry.
- Computer literate (MS Office and MS Outlook).
- Good communication skills.
- Independent worker and team player.
- Able to work under fast pace environment and perform OT when required.
- Willing to learn attitude.
- A Clean driving Licence
- 3 years traceable work experience
- Work experience in an NGO environment will be an added advantage
Skills (Special Training or Competence):
- Commitment to excellence
- Displays professionalism, integrity and high ethical standards
- Attention to detail preciseness and accuracy
- Results oriented
- Attention to deadlines
- Builds trust and respect by displaying credible behaviours
Applicants will initially be evaluated based on documentation submitted with applications. Applicants must submit all requested documentations for them to be considered.
Send an application letter and updated CV at this stage, addressing your application to the National Director. Email your applications to Habitat_hr@habitatzam.org.zm
The closing date for applications is Friday, 6th September, 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
HABITAT FOR HUMANITY ZAMBIA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND IT IS KEEN ON HAVING AN ENVIRONMENT THAT IS FREE FROM HARASSMENT, EXPLOITATION AND ABUSE.
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs