Job vacancy Internal Control Officer
View all 99 Jobs
United Bank for Africa (Z) Ltd
Internal Control Officer
An Internal Control Officer ensures compliance of the daily business office operations to the Bank’s policies and external regulatory compliance.
Functionally reports to the Country Head Internal Control
Administratively reports to Country Head Internal Control
- Ensure strict adherence to statutory policies, procedures and regulatory compliance on work processes and daily operations.
- Assist business offices on compliance and regulatory issues and provide counselling whenever it is required.
- Improve control and compliance awareness culture in the business offices.
- Ensure the KYC compliant environment is maintained.
- Ensure integrity of the Business Office transactions in the country.
- Monitor and ensure that open items in the GL accounts are current and reflect the true nature of the products recorded therein.
- Ensure prompt and qualitative rendition of relevant returns and reports as may be required.
- Ensure all escalated audit exceptions open in the business office are properly closed.
- Ensure prompt and qualitative rendition of relevant Control and compliance reports.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Zero tolerance to Fraud Loss
- Number of undetected regulatory/statutory infractions from internal and external audit reports
- Quality and Timeliness of losses and loss events reporting in processing areas
- Level of undetected Income leakage
- Integrity of the GL accounts in the Business offices of the region
- Promptness in generating audit report
- Problem solving skills
- Attention to details
- Good communication skills (written and oral)
- Good team player
Job Requirements & Knowledge:
- Banking Operations
- Auditing and Internal Control
- Regulatory Laws
- Fraud and Operational Risk
- Candidate must have two (2) years relevant Banking Operations and Internal Control experience
- Candidate must possess a first degree in Accounting and relevant professional certification e.g. CIMA, ACCA, ZICA, etc.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 5 credits on their Grade 12 results with Mathematics and English included.
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs