Job vacancy Global Education Program Finance Intern
View all 277 Jobs
Global Education Program Finance Intern
FHI 360 has an exciting internship opportunity for a student interested in growing their skills within the international development sector. Under close supervision, an Intern will perform entry level professional duties which will provide the opportunity for professional training in various functional areas throughout the organization. Internship assignments serve to offer practical experience and broad exposure to a global nonprofit development organization.
FHI 360 will provide an undergraduate or masters-level graduate student with a strong interest in program finance and operations the opportunity to work and learn in a fast-paced environment.
The Global Education Program Finance Intern will sit within FHI 360’s Global Education Department (GE). GE currently implements large multi-year education programs in countries across Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, and Central America, as well as other programs that focus on research or targeted technical assistance. Work is conducted through contracts and cooperative agreements from funders such as the US Agency for International Development (USAID), the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC), FCDO, UNICEF, among others.
The Global Education Program Finance Intern will contribute to various project teams and support a variety of financial backstopping opportunities while gaining practical experience and insight into international development financial management.
Anticipated Duration: Spring Semester (January – May 2023)
Hours: Up to 40 hours per week
Pay Rate: $17.00/hour (Undergraduate, MA and recent graduates)
Skills Gained and Learning Opportunities:
- Practical experience with a large, global non-profit organization
- Shadowing, mentoring, and training opportunities with successful operations, finance, and/or program management professionals
- Experience working with an inter-disciplinary team addressing global development challenges
Anticipated Project(s) and Assignment Details:
The Global Education Program Finance Intern will contribute to various project teams and support a variety of financial backstopping opportunities:
- Financial Monitoring: running reports using FHI 360’s suite of financial tools; assisting in monitoring on-going spending and updating pipelines
- First review of reports and invoices; assisting with monthly expenditure reporting, cost share and general USG compliance
- Work with finance team to learn more about financial analysis and engage with the team to assist in the development and testing of novel tracking and expenditure monitoring tools
- Conduct desk reviews, landscape analyses and/or secondary data analyses
- Assist with project-related administrative tasks, as needed
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Currently enrolled in an accounting, finance, business, economics, public policy or related degree program at a college or university in a related field of study or within one year of graduation date: Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics, Public Policy, Int. Development
- Demonstrated interest in related subject area through studies, work experience, and/or personal travel
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas
- Strong writing and research skills
- Articulate, professional, and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English
- Spanish proficiency preferred
Typical Physical Demands:
- Remote office environment
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time; ability to lift to 5 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer
- Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail
- Telephone, printer, calculator, copier, PDAs and other hand-held devices.
|Job category :||Accounting, controlling, finance|
|Industries :||Associative activitiesSocial, public and human services|
|Employment type :||Internship|
|Region :||Central - Copperbelt - Eastern - Luapula - Lusaka - Muchinga - North-Western - Northern - Southern - Western - International|
|Experience level :||No experience|
|Educational level :||Bachelor|
|Number of Position(s) :||1|
Please report any irregularities by using the candidate contact form and selecting the subject "Report a job ad".
How to Apply?
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs