Job vacancy EPE Program Officer II
View all 281 Jobs
EPE Program Officer II
The Program Officer II (PO) in the Economic Participation and Environment (EPE) Portfolio will be part of an exciting, high profile, talented, and rapidly growing technical team. The EPE portfolio is housed within the Global Education, Employment, and Engagement (G3E) unit. EPE is engaged in a wide array of technical areas, including livelihoods; economic strengthening and engagement; women's economic empowerment; small enterprise development; socio-economic inclusion; workforce development, including green jobs such as regenerative tourism ; and economic resilience and collaborative community-led resilience. This position is integral to carrying out FHI 360’s commitment to economic growth that benefits diverse peoples and landscapes.
Key Duties and Functions:
The PO supports awards/projects, business development and administrative aspects of the EPE department. The PO gathers information to assist with project activities, supports communication efforts with regard to technical execution and handles administrative support such as consultant hiring etc. The PO also supports BD efforts including.
- Programmatic Management Support:
- Provides support to project management, schedules and facilitates meetings, takes and shares meeting notes with critical action items. supports preparation of deliverables (e.g. editing and formatting), ensures that program activities have operational elements required for success.
- Reviews expense reports and invoices prior to management approval.
- Reviews purchase orders in the finance system of record (headquarters' (HQ) only).
- Leads assigned project tasks and oversees task completion.
- Synthesizes existing information and data into an overarching summary of progress on key project activities.
- Tracks trends in the project area and collects more sophisticated data.
- May contribute to project budget development.
- Participates in external events related to project and/or technical area.
- Assists in ensuring document management site is used appropriately by project team.
- Liaises with the funder by supporting administrative task and assisting with the coordination of the contracting process; serves as the contact regarding administrative task assignments.
EPE Department Administration:
- Supports administrative responsibilities related to departmental retreats, knowledge management activities including webinars, preparation for staff meetings, etc.
- May conduct new hire onboarding on department procedures and administrative processes.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Business Development and Proposal Management Support:
- Supports new business capture/pursuit and proposal efforts through research into project design, competitor analysis, landscape assessments by supporting other technical team members.
- Supports data management and record keeping of EPE opportunities in FHI 360’s new business management software application (Salesforce)
- Provides support to development and management of Development Account (DA) budgets.
- Supports preparation of capabilities statements, CVs, Past Performance References (PPRs), presentations etc.
- Provides administrative support of knowledge management activities related to new business.
- Provides administrative support to hiring, managing and processing invoices for consultants working on new business efforts.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Understanding of project/project management concepts and practices.
- Basic knowledge of the technical area of the technical team/Business Unit.
- Task level knowledge.
- Working knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures with project design.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong and demonstrated project/project management skills.
- Ability to problem solve and implement corrective action as needed.
- Ability to prepare reports and provide information to management in a timely matter.
- Has sensitivity to cultural diversity and understanding of the political, contextual, and ethical issues in assigned areas.
- Articulate, professional, and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with funder and staff.
- Demonstrated proficiency with using Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English
- Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent
- Civil Society, Communication and Social Marketing, Economic Development, Education, the Environment, Gender, Health, Nutrition, Research, Technology and Youth or a Related Fields.
- Project management certification preferred.
- Typically requires a minimum of 4+ years of relevant experience with project management principles and practices.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency, or private organization.
- International or Domestic (US) Program Development or Program management preferred.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to spend long hours looking at computer screen and doing repetitive work on a keyboard.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift/move up to 5 lbs.
- Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer/Laptop, Microsoft applications (i.e., Office 365, SharePoint, Skype/Zoom/Teams), cell phone/mobile technology, and standard office equipment.
10% - 25%
|Job category :||R&D, project management|
|Industries :||Associative activitiesSocial, public and human services|
|Employment type :||Permanent contract - Fixed-term contract|
|Region :||Central - Copperbelt - Eastern - Luapula - Lusaka - Muchinga - North-Western - Northern - Southern - Western - International|
|Experience level :||2 to 5 years|
|Educational level :||Bachelor|
|Number of Position(s) :||1|
Please report any irregularities by using the candidate contact form and selecting the subject "Report a job ad".
How to Apply?
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs