Job vacancy Monitoring and Evaluation Associate
View all 243 Jobs
Monitoring and Evaluation Associate
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Quality Assurance (MELQA) team is currently leading the efforts to pivot program systems and processes to expand restricted project-based funding, promote an organizational culture of evidence-based & data driven decision making, build a Quality Assurance infrastructure to support programmatic credibility, and strengthen organizational capacity to engage in emerging approaches of M&E, Research & Learning, and Data Science. The M&E/ KM Associate will play an integral role in rethinking traditional approaches to knowledge management to become a stimulant to improved use of M&E processes and results.
The M&E KM Associate supports the MELA QA team in meeting Orbis’s KM strategy of finding the precise alignment of technology infrastructure to facilitate sharing, processes to simplify dissemination and connecting people to ask, listen and share. The M&E/KM associate will support the operationalization of Orbis’s Learning Plan of organizing current efforts and new recent initiatives into five learning areas with the intention of collecting, codifying, and driving institutional learning towards continuous improvement. This is an exciting opportunity to help develop and operate a robust knowledge management environment that enables program staff to access and exchange information in an effective and timely manner.
The M&E/ KM Associate works within a matrixed team of global colleagues especially the program and technology teams, united by a common vision of a world where no one is needlessly blind – and we think data is key part of achieving this vision.
Reporting and Working Relationships :
The M&E Associates reports directly to the Director, Technical Monitoring and Evaluation. S/He works closely with all members of Global Program and liaises closely with Country Offices, Information Technology (IT), Development, and other relevant departments.
Essential Job Functions / Key Areas of Responsibility :
- Support the implementation and adoption of MELQA’s systems and tools across all country offices
- Act as the company point person for sharing and maintaining the MELQA library of resources, tools, and training
- Support country offices in the design of data collection and reporting tools /
- Provide troubleshooting support on internal project management database, Indicata
- Support M&E capacity building for all project staff
- Connect related teams, individuals, concepts, and ideas both internally and externally and create conditions for knowledge sharing and ideation
- Prepare data and information for various reporting needs or as requested
- Assist regional/country program and partner staff in the analysis and interpretation of program related qualitative and quantitative data
- Develop intuitive and interactive data visualizations using routine program monitoring data for annual and quarterly reports, presentations to donors and other stakeholders
- Distill quantitative and qualitative data to communicate compelling data stories to diverse audiences
- Provide support to the MEL QA team regarding all administrative requirements and functions (expense reports, scheduling meetings, note taking etc.)
Qualifications And Experience :
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in public health, statistics, economics, international affairs or international development
- Knowledge and demonstrated proficiency in quantitative and qualitative methods, M&E planning, M&E system improvement, data use and data visualization.
- Experience working abroad in Asia, Africa or Latin America is preferrable
- Working knowledge of basic excel and statistical analysis soft wares (Epi info, SPSS, STATA etc.) is desirable.
- Proficient in the development of simple project databases (e.g., Excel or Access) and in data management
- Experience in participating in institutional strengthening and cohesiveness initiatives preferred
Skills and Abilities :
- Ability to communicate complex data in a simple, actionable way
- Excellent organizational skills: ability to manage multiple assignments and competing priorities
- Excellent quantitative analysis and data visualization skills
- Excellent oral communication and training skills to present information and respond to questions effectively
- Exceptional writing skills to effectively create clear and concise reports, strategies and/or guidelines
- Multilingual is a plus
- Flexible, pro-active, and open-minded work style: the ability to work productively both independently and in a team-based environment, in-office and remotely.
- Ability to travel internationally 20% of the time for extended periods
|Job category :||Health and social professionsR&D, project management|
|Industries :||Associative activitiesServices otherSocial, public and human services|
|Employment type :||Fixed-term contract|
|Region :||Central - Copperbelt - Eastern - Luapula - Lusaka - Muchinga - North-Western - Northern - Southern - Western|
|Experience level :||2 to 5 years|
|Educational level :||Bachelor|
|Spoken language :||english›good level|
|Number of Position(s) :||3|
How to Apply?
More Job Vacancies
- Employee | Full Time | 16 Jun, 2022JOB BYZambiaJob.com
See all jobs