7th Floor, Tower 1, NeXTeracom Cybercity, Ebene Mauritius
View all 246 Jobs
Job vacancy Senior Accountant
30 November, 2021
We are looking for a Senior Accountant.
- Review and correct daily revenue Xero postings made by team members.
- Review and monitor daily Bank and cash balances.
- Analyse and investigate cashiers overs and shorts falls.
- Ensure timely preparations of monthly bank reconciliation statements.
- Ensure monthly reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts including intercompany balances in the group.
- Review accounts payable and receivable balances to ensure accuracy and propose actions and follow ups to be undertaken to ensure they are reconciled in time.
- Review and monitor the advance deposits accounts.
- Review and prepare input into the general ledger for monthly consumption and usage figures from various sources in the establishment.
- Prepare month end journals.
- Prepare draft monthly Financial Statements for review by finance Manager.
- Prepare monthly Creditors payments plan and Cash flow forecasts.
- Assist Finance Manager in budget preparation and input, forecast reports and monthly reporting to the Management.
- Supervise the Accounts department in the absence of the Finance Manager.
- Report to the Finance Manager on all matters arising pertaining to Financial and Internal controls.
- Implement and maintain acceptable accounting practices as required by company policy and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs).
- Ensure timely computation of taxes, submission of returns and payment of tax obligations.
- Maintain records for internal and external audit and ensure compliance with government regulations and contractual agreements.
- Developing and maintaining a productive working relationship with other stakeholders’ e.g. clients, suppliers, statutory bodies, Auditors, other lodges and banks.
- Enhance teamwork and assist in motivating, training and coaching of junior and new staff.
- Educate, train and motivate team members to achieve hotel revenue goals.
- Ensure fully paid up membership and affiliation with the Professional and regulatory body of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA).
- Experienced in the Accounting Field for 3-8 Years.
|Job category :||Accounting, controlling, financeManagement|
|Industries :||Hotel business, cateringTourism, leisure activities|
|Employment type :||Permanent contract|
|Experience level :||5 to 10 years|
|Educational level :||Master|
|Number of Position(s) :||1|
28 Jan, 2022 (9 days left)
Share this job offer
How to Apply?
Please apply for this job on ZambiaJob.com website:
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs