Job vacancy Program Manager
View all 148 Jobs
The Program Manager is responsible for overall country program strategy, quality and impact. In charge of ensuring that the program optimizes impact in line with donor priorities, s/he seeks alliances and seeks to maximize opportunity to build upon relationships with other stakeholders in the food and nutrition system, to multiply impact and deliver value for money. S/he will be the main representative of the program in Zambia to external stakeholders, particularly the USAID Mission, government and industry stakeholders, to increase visibility and organizational reputation, as well as having responsibility for internal stakeholder management including the Country Director, HR, Finance, and Purchasing functions. S/he will lead on ensuring that the program generates learning on how the program model can most effectively transform food systems in Zambia and build resiliency across the food value chain.
Reports to Chief of Party, with dotted line to Country Director.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
Stakeholder Management and Representation
- Cultivates and maintains relationships with key stakeholders including donor, government, industry bodies and other development actors
- Builds trust and confidence in TechnoServe as a key player in food and nutrition system
Program Strategy, Quality and Impact
- Develops, presents, and implements the strategic vision, annual goals, and objectives for the program in line with the overall strategy and objectives
- Strategically selects areas of work, partnerships, and methodologies that most effectively contribute to growth of the AINFP Zambia portfolio
- Takes ownership and accountability for improved quality, impact and effectiveness
External and Internal Communication
- Ensures clear and effective communication of the program to all relevant parties
- Builds reputation of the program through sharing of evidence-based impact and participation in key stakeholder events
- Maintains good working relationship with all relevant TechnoServe departments and other programs
Program Management and Coordination
- Overall responsible for high quality delivery of the program in Zambia
- Coordinates with Capacity Building Team, M&E Manager, Budget & Finance Analyst, A2F Manager and other country leads to ensure learning across the team
- Ensures compliance with TechnoServe and USAID regulations
Strategic and Innovative Thinker
- Identifies opportunities and builds strategic relationships with other organizations to help achieve business goals.
- Proactively takes advantage of opportunities to learn and actively applies new knowledge and skill.
- Analyses both successes and failures for clues to improvement.
- Innovative to try new ideas to find solutions
- Analytical, able to diagnose problems, identify the key issues, and think strategically to evaluate alternative courses of action and produce a logical, practical, and acceptable solution. Works persistently to overcome obstacles
- Asks questions and seeks out information from multiple sources, learns from mistakes, sees change as an opportunity.
- Able to take ownership of decisions but show sound judgment in escalating issues where necessary.
- Works cooperatively and flexibly with other members of the team to achieve a common goal. Ability to build and maintain effective relationships and networks.
- Effectively plans, schedules, and prioritizes activities; effectively manages resources (people, material, information, budget, and time) to accomplish plans.
- Provides leadership and mentorship to the staff and clients to build their leadership and management capacities.
- Listens openly and effectively and ensures accurate understanding; able to adjust communication to the needs of the audience and work at multiple levels; facilitates the open exchange of ideas and information in individual and group situations.
- Transparent in dealings with others, admits mistakes, and is trusted. Inspires confidence in the team of honest intentions and fairness.
- Report writing; monitoring and data management
- Understands and manages human, financial, and operational resource issues to improve overall organizational performance. Committed to compliance with organizational policies.
- Able to analyze and express themselves clearly in business writing.
- Sound understanding of market systems and inclusive business models, including a strong client focus. Able to understand the client's concerns and priorities to provide appropriate business advisory solutions.
- Strong ability and commitment to team working and collaboration; staff management/coaching
- A Master's degree in business, economics, agriculture or other relevant discipline with a minimum of 7 years of professional experience in a relevant field, including the development of agricultural value chains, private sector and/or entrepreneurship
- Good knowledge and understanding of the business and/or technical challenges of agro-processing in Zambia/Africa
Experience that would make a candidate more desirable.
- Management consultancy, business advisory services or experience managing local consultants/BDS providers
- Managing multiple and complex stakeholder relationships
- Strategic planning and innovation
- Either private sector experience in agribusiness or management of a donor-funded private sector development program
- Familiarity with USAID private sector engagement or Feed the Future
- Fluency to speak, read and write in English is essential
|Job category :||ManagementR&D, project management|
|Industries :||Agriculture, fishing, aquacultureAssociative activities|
|Employment type :||Permanent contract|
|Region :||Central - Copperbelt - Eastern - Luapula - Lusaka - Muchinga - North-Western - Northern - Southern - Western|
|Experience level :||5 to 10 years|
|Educational level :||Master|
|Spoken language :||english›fluent|
|Number of Position(s) :||1|
How to Apply?
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs